Click Here For: Police Officer Online Application
The Spring Hill Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. Please click on the above link to submit your application.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- MUST be 21 years or older at the time of testing
- MUST possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- MUST be a citizen of the United States
Examples of Disqualifications:
- Convictions, guilty plea or nolo contendere of a felony offense
- Conviction of a crime of moral turpitude
- Conviction for any federal, state or local ordinance relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substance
- Any violation of a domestic statute, including Orders of Protections
- Delinquent on Child Support, student loans, etc.
- DUI convictions or interlock device required
- Dishonorable discharge or equivalent from any armed forces
- Tattoos that are considered offensive, lewd, obscene, or in such a way to be deemed inappropriate for the position. Tattoos on the face or neck area are not acceptable.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How many officers are you hiring?
At this point in time, 4.
How long until I can apply for a specialized unit?
Most specialized units require a minimum of 1-2 years of service with the Department before you can apply. Examples of units include: Traffic Unit, K-9 Unit, Field Training Officer, Criminal Investigations Division, Crime Scene Investigator, Critical Incident Response Team (Traffic Crash Investigation), Special Response Team (SWAT), UAV Pilot, Bicycle Unit, and the Motorcycle Unit.
What are the hours of your patrol shifts?
Patrol officers work 12 hour shifts. We have 4 shifts (A-D).
What is your retirement plan?
The City offers the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) plan. TCRS Website
Does the City offer extra pay for post-secondary education?
Yes, however, the degree must be applicable to law enforcement. Ex: Criminal Justice.
Does the City let you take your patrol car home?
Yes, provided that you live within a certain mile radius.